The Carbonera Castle

Old Andalusian castle located on a rocky tosal from the  north part of the Benicadell mountain of  which only remain some pieces of the Wall.

“Nevera de Dalt” y “Nevera de Baix”

Cylindrical constructions of stone, covered with a dome; Its purpose was to collect the winter snow and use it for different purposes.

Chimenea Industrial de los años 1940

A vestige of the 1940s, owned by the Wine Cooperative of La Pobla del Duc, a reflection of the activity of food processing, which was used  for the alcohol distillation process.

El “Forn de la Gerreria”

Dating back to the 18th century, it was part of an old barreria. In the oven were baked pieces of great quality and size. The furnace stopped working in the first third of the 20th century. This oven is the only one left to be visited

Aielo de Rugat’s castle

Muslim fortification that counts with the cistern of water in good state of conservation. The still standing thick walls give us an idea of the dependencies of the castle. In this castle, Jaime I was ambushed by the Arab Caudillo Al-Azraq. From the Castle you can see magnificent views of [...]

Church of the Asuncion

 dates of the XVIIIth century; The bell tower is square in shape and has two bodies. It emphasizes the sundial included in the route of the regional sundials

City Center Aielo Rugat

its origin dates back to an old Muslim farmhouse.

Sis’s source

It is a natural place where you can relax surrounded by nature. It has a washer and water spring with six jets that give its name, a restaurant, playground, soccer field, snack bars, WC , barbecues, swings, tirolinas, etc. From this area, the route of the Barranco de la Junda [...]

Carrícola’s castle (El Palomar)

Medieval tower of the XIII century recently restored. It is a military construction typical of the Al-Andalus society built by the Moors. It is located approximately at 5 kilometers from the town center, along the Route SL-CV 118 that runs through the Protected Natural Park of the Umbria of Benicadell [...]

Clocks of the Sun

It emphasizes the analgmatic clock, that takes advantage of our shadow to project the hour.

– THE ROSER HERMITAGE

Hermitage  of neoclassic inspiration, rebuilt definitively in the XIX century. It is surrounded by a calvary and a landscaped space with swings.

San’s Pedro church Apostle

This church was built in the XVII century on the old medieval temple of the locality, although the present baroque aspect dates from the XVIII century. Once inside highlights the interesting museum background of the parish that keeps different pieces of sculpture, gold and religious painting. It also impresses the [...]

City center El Palomar

Typical of an agrarian population, where we find samples of houses from the 18th and 19th centuries.

– The Cristo de la Agonia Hermitage:

A simple and austere construction from 1739. Made by a hexagonal plant, with dome and four chapels. It is accessed by a calvary road of cypresses, the booths were built in  1961, and the whole environment was rehabilitated in 2001. From the hermitage you have  views of the mountains that [...]

San Jeronimo’s Church

 This church dates  from the XVIII century. It shows a nave covered by half cannon vault, with lunettes and supported between buttresses. In the interior highlights the main altar, the paintings of Joachim Oliet, and the shells with  San Gregorio Magno, San Agustín, San Ambrosio and San Jerónimo. The door [...]

Almond of straw

Education center and environmental interpretation located at the foot of the Protected Landscape of the Ombria of Benicadell. The Ametla de palla is a place to acquire knowledge in order to live in a sustainable way. Built in 2005 by the volunteers of CEVA, and the support of the Town [...]

Biodivers Carrícola

Space of environmental art around the spaces recovered from the ravines of the orchard and the castle, with the participation of 58 artists and a total of 71 works, made with natural materials, integrated and respectful with nature

Hydraulic Islamic heritage

We emphasize in our hydraulic heritage the set of Islamic arcades, that extend the orchard lands. In the lower part of the ravine of the Castle, we find the Raft and Ark of the Gatell, and in the ravine of Adzeneta, the Ark and the Azud of the ravine d'At. [...]

Hermitage of the Christ of the Calvary

The chapel of the Christ of the Calvary, is located at the foot of the castle of Carrícola, presiding over the high part of the town. The ascent to the calvary, shaded by cypresses, is formed by the set of fourteen huts or chapels that represent the passion with Valencian [...]

The Castle of Caricola

A documentary reference from 1259 makes us understand that the tower was built by the Muslim inhabitants of Carrícola and Muntis, with hispanic-muslim techniques of boxing of wall, but already with the own constructive pattern of a feudal fort, with its patio and the tower of the homage. The initiative [...]

Parish church of San Miguel

Old mosque converted into a Christian church and consecrated to St. Michael the Archangel in 1572. The current floor consists of a central nave covered with a barrel vault, structured in four sections, with lateral chapels between the buttresses. At the foot of the building, we find a high choir, [...]

Iglesia parroquial de San Pedro Apóstol

End of XVIII - century. It was supplied at the end of the XVIII century and stands out for its constructive simplicity. The interior shows a nave covered with round of cannon, reinforced by arches that rest on buttresses and four intermediate chapels. It stands out in the whole of [...]

Cisterna Medieval

The function of the medieval cistern was basically to supply wáter to all the masters of the blacksmith, taking advantage of the waters of the hill’s  hermitage. Of circular construction of 1,5 m of diameter and pinacle form, is constructed with stone and mortar with cement and solid brick additions.

Lavadero Público

Next to the fountain is the laundry room, built in the 19th century and remodeled in the first decades of the 20th century. The Fountain Raft is built in the 17th century, channeling the various branches of water that came from the mountains and the hermitage, to some puddles and [...]

The “Bassa de la Font”

Built in the 17th century, it channels the various branches of water that came from the mountains and the hermitage to a raft and a watering hole as well as irrigation of the large orchard. The Fountain was inaugurated in the year 1881. The source appears in a document of [...]

Palacio Ducal de los Borgia

It was built by the Bellvís family in the XIV-XV centuries and then passed to Francesc Aguiló de Romeu. Later, in 1449 passed to the Borgia family, concretely to Joan of Borgia, son of the Pope Alexander VI, what supposed its annexation to the duchy of Gandía until the end [...]

Neveras y Pozos de nieve

Cylindrical constructions covered with a dome, that served to collect and to conserve the snow. The best preserved is located in the heading "dels Racons", very close to the village.

Museo Taller de la Cerámica “Les Gerres”

Of rectangular plant, it stands out for its construction (ceiling with classic returns of refractory brick, diaphanous space, great stained glass ...). The building integrates the museum and the workshop as well as the archaeological remains of the excavations of the Borja Ducal Palace.

La Mezquita

It consists of a covered part or prayer room and a patio, with two access doors. The covered hall is rectangular with two naves, with six turns. The alquibla facing south is indicated by the Mihrab, in the form of a chapel. The interior decoration has been made with glazed [...]

Ermita de San Antonio Abad y de Santa Bárbara

It was built at the end of the 17th century on the remains of the old castle guarded by Romero Martí in the moments before the offensive against the Muslims. It was restored between 1985 and 1989. Located in a privileged place from where you can enjoy panoramic views of [...]

Iglesia parroquial de la Asunción

It began to be built in 1536 on the remains of the old Muslim mosque. Of  Baroque style, the interior is made up of three naves with barrel vaults and cruises. At the intersection of the cruise and the central nave, there is a dome decorated all with Marian allegories. [...]

Plafones cerámicos devocionales

Ceramic altarpieces dating from the 17th to the 19th centuries located in some streets of the town and dedicated to San Vicente Ferrer, San Cristóbal and San Tomás, San Francisco de Asís and San Miguel, La Purísima, La Trinidad and the Virgin of Solitude.

Refugios Militares

Espacio militar subterráneo construido por el ejército de la República, durante la Guerra Civil, para proteger a los vigilantes de la pista de aterrizaje, así como la escuadrilla y tropas auxiliares. La Pobla del Duc conserva el del “Pla de Missena”, que tiene capacidad para 40 soldados, y el de [...]

– Municipal Laundry

Located in the Concorde Square, was built in 1930 and renovated in 1988 and is conserved in good conditions. It shows rectangular plant and it is covered with two slopes of Arab tile. The central washing cell  is exempt and is of great dimensions.

Iglesia la Asunción de Nuestra Señora.

The main building was built in the 17th century. The current bell tower was finished in 1789, has two topped bodies and a hexagonal plant. It is necessary to point out the elegance of the body of the bells with its pairing of semicircular shutters and Ionic pilasters. It happens [...]

The water ditch of the port

It is the main ditch or channel of an irrigation system of the times of Al-Andalus (IX century, possibly previous to 929), that through its 4000 m. Of length propoprcionava water to the orchards of Atzeneta, Albaida and El Palomar. Along its path, under Atzeneta, several mills were lined. It [...]

La Ermita del Santísimo Cristo de la Fe y del Montt Calvario (s.XIX)

In 1708 Mosen Josep Gironés promoted the construction of a Calvary with a chapel dedicated to the Holy Christ, which was worshiped before in the church. On 5th May 1709, was celebrated the first mass at the hermitage and the image of the Christ and the wooden crosses of Calvary [...]

The San Juan Bautista Parish Church

The church was built beetween 1719-1728 in order to replace an old Moorish church from the sixteenth century, located in the street of the Souls, on the site of the old mosque. In 1721 the Holy Sacrament was transferred to the church together with old images, like the San Juan [...]

Wall and lookout tower

(former defensive structure and access door to the vila). Islamic wall of the 13th century, from the Almohad period, located in the old town of Albaida. It was renovated in the 13th - 17TH. By 1248, Jaume I ordered the construction of the first houses in the small fortress named [...]

Church of Santa María of the Asunción

Dating back to the 16th - 17TH. Spectacular religious building of Valencian Gothic style, built between 1592 and the 1621, and restored the 1830. The Church occupies the old mosque of the population and the subsequent church built by King Jaume I the year 1245. Highlights: the main altar with [...]

The Mila i Arago Palace

The palace is located in the Major Square , presiding the access to the Clos de la Vila (old walled enclosure). It is formed by three towers and was built in three phases between 1471 and 1610 over the walls of the thirteenth century. It is the most unique and [...]

“Clos de la Vila”

(historic-artistic site of Moorish Raval). The tourist centre of Albaida is located in the "Plaza Mayor", in which lies the impressive "Palau dels Marquesos D'albaida", by his side, we can see the Church of the "Assumpció de Ntra. Senyora"and the House-Museum dedicated to the illustrious local painter, Josep Segrelles, also [...]

The Parish Church of the Purisima Concepcion.

It is dedicated to the Purísima Concepción and was built in the first half of the eighteenth century. It is of Jesuit style and has three naves, cruise and dome in spherical cap. Damaged during the Civil War, it has subsequently been restored several times. Highlights the frescoes of the [...]

The palace of the San Jose from Otos marquis

Stately palace built in the eighteenth century. It has three levels with a central patio. Architecturally it shows characteristic sections of the architecture of the Crown of Aragon. It emphasizes the door of the facade with the nobiliary shield and the top decorated with a row of semicircular arches. Currently [...]

Urban área

Vertebrates along the main street, around which are located smaller ones, emphasizing the streets of the Christ and of San José. In the Church Street we can find the commemorative sculpture of the 200th anniversary of the saint festivities by  Josep Sanjuan.

Town of sundials

Tourist-cultural route made up of 13 different sundials designed by different Valencian artists, using different forms, sculptures, materials and themes. Famous artists such as: Andreu Alfaro: "The norm is not a dogma", Arcadi Blasco: "Rellotge de fang", Elisa Martí: "Unió": Ceramic mural clock with legend of the 19th century bandit [...]

Ntra. Sra. Asuncion Museum Church Parish

Built on the Arab castle of Bekiren, and consecrated in 1516, it was originally made in Gothic style and later adapted to the baroque tastes of the time. It contains works by Juan de Juanes, Segrelles and Sorolla, a processional cross of the XV century, the baptismal font (XV century), [...]

Cave Monastery

Dates from the middle of the XVI century and it is an old convent of cloistered nuns that was excavated in the rock and occupies an area of 48m2 to which,  there are superposed two convents of later construction. Inside, there are  different dependencies: vestibule, chapel with decoration in the [...]

The Bullring

Unique in its kind as is totally excavated in the rock, from the stands to the bullpen. It is the oldest bullring of the Valencian Community (1843) and one of the most original in Spain, with a capacity of 3,760 locations. Hours: Tuesday to Sunday: from 16 a.m. to 5 [...]

The Colomer Caves

Interpretation center of the Moorish Caves and an information and dissemination space of the  set of the caves situated on the head of the Clariano river. The space is accessible to all the public and through it, is accessed the "Pouet de Sant Vicent". Hours: Tuesday to Friday from 10.30 [...]

Hermitage of the medieval quarter.

 The hermitage of "Sant Joan" of the XIII century and  the hermitage of the "Mare de Déu d'Agost", built in 1245, above one of the entrances to the village named The Portal of the Mare de Déu d'Agost, so  that,  the virgin could protect all who entered through the gate. [...]

Sources Bocairent

The route of the medieval quarter we can find many sources where brolla a water fesquisima and dating to the 18th century as the "Font of grace", the "Font de Sant Jaume".

“Cava de Sant Blai”

It was used as a snow deposit, like many others found in the Sierra Mariola. Through an underground gallery dug into the rock, one can access the circular enclosure where the ice was stored. In its interior are exposed 6 illustrative `panels with the history of ice and snow from [...]

Moorish Cave

It is a group of artificial caves with window-shaped holes, located in the middle of a vertical rock wall. It consists of about 50 windows that give access to as many cameras. The windows are arranged in 3-4 levels, but without forming regular floors. The interpretations of its use, have [...]

Medieval Neighborhood

Declared historical-artistic set, it has a spectacular streets layout in the purest Arab style. A walk along its steep and quiet streets, makes you discover places of great beauty, fountains, squares and hermitages; There are two marked routes by all the perimeter: magic route in green color and the caves [...]

Winery and Patio of the El Caseron rural house

From the eighteenth century, with the legend of the three unmarried sisters.

Urban area Sempere

With civil houses of the XVIII century, with the square of San Pedro of trapezoidal form

The Parish Church of Sant Pere

 From the 18th century, it of neoclassical style. This temple shows a nave of five sections covered by a barrel vault on pilasters that make buttresses. Emphasizes the cap on the cruise with paintings allusive to the Basilica of San Pietro of Rome, using the technique of the "trapantojo" (that [...]

– The Sundial and The Moreras Park

It consists of three overlapping metal cubes made of steel and located on a concrete platform. In the middle and in two of its faces are the time planes and the astrological months, the clock works with two gnomes, one for the morning hours and another for the evening, in [...]

Natural Spot and the Laundry Below

Natural place of the Pelut river and panoramic view of the old town: Set of fountains and laundry of new plant with gable roof. The fountain, of two spouts arranged on a wall of stone and brick, is separated from the laundry. It has two rectangular water storage tanks with [...]

The Francesc Ferri Square

In this square we can see some of the machines that were in the oil mill.

The Church of Nativity

The parish church of the Nativity of the seventeenth century occupies the site of the old Islamic oratory,of  about 235 m2. The nave of the temple is divided in five sections by recessed barrel archs that gravitate on pilasters of composed order. The turns between arch and arch are very [...]

The Town Hall Benissoda

Renovated building in February of 2007. Formerly it was the furnace of the Manor and later they constructed the city council that also was used like jail of the town

The Hermitage of Cristo de la Palma:

XVIII-XX centuries. It is the hermitage of the old cemetery. In its interior is the image of the Christ of the Palm, one of the patrons of the population.

Almodi. Cervantes Theatre

From the 16th to the 19th century. In the 19th century it became the Cervantes Theater. Is built in late Gothic style with romantic decoration. The pósito was built by the farmers to keep the reserve of the rice grain of the village. Here was the Royal Weight to guarantee [...]

The House of Vila XVI century

It is one of the oldest communal houses, of late Gothic style and the first Renaissance. It highlights the market of the ground floor, which opens three large arches in the square and Batle street and the twin windows of the room.

The Marau Palace (house Santonja)

 At the end of XIX century the widow of the last Marau married a Santonja. It was an enlightened and liberal family, related to the power of the time and Freemasonry. Around 1810 an artistic intervention was realized to decorate the staircase and the great room of the palace, following [...]

The Monastery of San Jose and Santa Ana.

Cloister Convent of the Discalced Augustinians. Posthumous foundation of the Patriarch San Juan de Ribera in 1611. It is of modest construction and a watchtower was used for its construction. It conserves rests of wall of the orchard.

The Capuchinos Convent

Ancient primitive hermitage located in the area of the "Serratella" and dedicated to the Saints of the Stone. On it was founded the convent of the Capuchins in 1601, dedicated to the missions. In the garden there is a monumental tree known as the Murta, which is considered one of [...]

The Major Church of Santa Maria Magdalena

XVI-XVII-XVIII centuries of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles. Built on the old mosque, it is one of the few remaining fortified churches. At the end of the eighteenth century was dedicated to Santa Maria Magdalena. On January 29, 1522, the viceroy burned the church with approximately 600 people inside, who [...]

Hermitage the San Cristóbal

It dates from the XII-XIII centuries, of the Casals. Early Gothic Church usually called "of the Conquest". It was in the center of the old village of the Casals or Miranda, depopulated due to the expulsion of the Moors and Jews. For many years it was used as a hospital [...]

Liquor Factory

The alcoholic tradition of Aielo de Malferit dates back to the 18th century and today, there is still a traditional distillery with more than 120 years of existence that became a supplier of the Royal House. The visitor can taste the "casalla", "cola liqueur", "Llimonet", etc and buy handmade products

The Bass Bridge

 OntheriverClariano, itsexistenceisalreadyverifiedtothe XVI century, constitutingtheaccessfromtheurbanareatotheorchard and the "Serratella". Withthick hexagonal pillars and 5 semicircular arches, thepartition and concreting are posterior.

Bridge of the Arc

Aqueduct of the XVIII century that brings water from the general ditch to the orchard.

Portal of the Carmen

Old gatewaytothe villa, of greaturban and religiousvalue. Itis a stayon a semicircular arch and open tothepopulationdisplayingtheimage of the Virgen del Carmen with a woodenpartition.

Beneficence Hospital

Dating back to the XIX century, it has a modernist style, in which the work of grating that surrounds it and the main facade (decorated with ceramic remains) stands out.

Castle, Palace of Malferit

DeclaredWell of Cultural Interest, it dates fromthe15th centurywiththearrival of thelords of Malferit. Having a residential and defensiveutility. Sinceitsconstruction, thepalace has undergonenumerousrenovations. Theonerealized in the XVIII centuryaffectedsignificantlyitsstructure, transformingitinto a palacetothe taste of that time. Afteritsrehabilitation, itbecametheseat of the Town Hall. Itisnecessarytoemphasizethe vertical sundiallocated in the place ofthe Palace, probably of XIXcentury, [...]

Chapel of Calvary or San Engracio

Probably from the first quarter of the eighteenth century. Single rectangular nave with a closed porch. It houses the images of San Joaquin, Santa. Anna and the Saint Engraci Martyr. At its feet it contains the tomb of María Inés OrillaCastellón, who describes her like this "... beata professes del [...]

Laundry

It is supplied with water from the birth of the Font de Micairent of Montitxelvo.

Hermitage of San Vicente Ferrer

 One of the barons of Terrateig decided to perpetuate the memory of Sant Vicent by building this hermitage in 1410. The first stone was pl aced on May 7, 1882, but it was inaugurated on April 12, 1883.

Ceramic Devotional panel in honorto San Vicente Ferrer

Samples of popular architecture in form of “Riu Rau”, Casa Llinares , Morenet.

The San Juan Bautista Church XVIII century

It was rebuilt and redecorated in neoclassical style in the first half of the s. XIX.

The Palace of the Bellvis of Benisuera

Known as belonging to  the Vizcondes of Sant Germà. The whole palace occupies a plot of 4,897 m2. It is not known with certainty its date, but probably outside the last quarter of the XVI century. Architecturally, it shows a ground floor and two tall plants, flanked by two towers. [...]

San Jose Church s. XVIII.

Its construction dates from the second half of the 18th century. The building is structured in a single nave of three sections, covered with round of cannon and with chapels between the buttresses. It is a work of rural architecture, little academic, of great simplicity formal and decorative. The church [...]

The LLoma Solaneta fridge.

Reservoir of circular plant, of 6,50 m of diameter, located in the ridge crest. It connects with the slope on all sides, without any need of platform or slope. The well has 7'30m from the surface level (measured at the gates) to the current well bottom

The Parish Church of the Loreto Virgin.

Building originally from the 18th century and completely renovated in 1887, in the neoclassical style. It presents / displays a unique cover with cannon vault on buttresses, with a wide cross of arrest vault. The fachade of the ship has as decorative concession, only the closed armored door with stone [...]

Route of the cid and the castle of carbonera

Spectacular route of extreme beauty and singularity by the Umbria of the Benicadell (emblematic mountain called "Penya Cadiella" in the Lay of the Cid). The castle of Carbonera was an Arab fortress that was conquered and reconquered by Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar from where he watched and controlled the four [...]

Carbonera Castle

Old andalusian castle located on a rocky hill of the North Slope of the Sierra del Benicadell of which only remains parts of the walls, of the tower that served as buttress and of the cistern. The best preserved walls are on the Northen  face. It is built with limestone, [...]

The Calvary Beniatjar

Is located in the highest part of the village and offers spectacular views of the Albaida Valley. It is located on the platform where was located an old lookout tower (the Castellet), of which today only remain the traces on the ground. The stations of the Calvary from the nineteenth [...]

Parish of Our Lady of the Incarnation

It dates from the XVII century. It was enlarged and redecorated in the middle of the XVIII century. The bell tower has two bodies with a finish. It consists of three bells: the "little", named Santa Barbara, 1822; The "median", named Josefa, from 1849 and the "big", named María de [...]

The Mill of Baix

The mill site dates back to the 18th century and was built on the initiative of the lord of El Ràfol and the basin of Salem, the Marquis of Bèlgida. This mill was acquired and rehabilitated by the Town Hall in 2000-2001. At the moment it works for the enjoyment [...]

The Nuestra Señora de Los Angeles Church.

 A building of new plant built between 1748 and 1760, after the earthquake of Montesa, on the remains of the old Muslim mosque and the Christian temple of 1535. The current building is neoclassical style and features a latin cross plant. In the interior, it conserves a canvas of San [...]

Salem City Hall El Ráfol

It has recently been built (2005) and has a sample of typical jars of the area, as well as the mechanism and the dial of the old XIX century church clock and the strongbox. It should be noted the municipal archives, where its documentary background is one of the most [...]

Old town

The historical part of the municipality consists of streets with typical houses of Mediterranean architecture, house of peasants and potters, mainly decorated with forged balconies, worked wooden doors, artistic aldobas, devotional panels, sundials and roof overhangs adorned with painted ceramic bricks. The central point is the Town Hall Square, where [...]

The Cristo’s Hermitage

The floor of the building is of Latin cross, illuminated by the lantern of the dome. A meritorious canvas presides the altar: The Christ of the Amparo of the XVIIIth century, that the faithful take in procession at the celebrations of August.

The New Church Of the mother of the god of hope

The new church, located in the high part of the town, dates from the years 1996-2000. The interior of the temple is adorned with beautiful stained glass windows and images of certain interest, including the New Hope, the work of the sculptor Damià Pastor, given to the town by the [...]

Parish Church of the Virgin of Hope

About to be demolished by the construction of the Bellús reservoir, it was saved in 1997, restored and made  a parochial museum. The old church was built in the middle of the eighteenth century on the floor of what was a mosque, transformed into a Moorish church in 1535. The [...]

The Feudal Tower

The  Bellvís Palace or Torre del Moro has its origin in the slender tower of medieval times built in Muslim tapial (14th century). Was built  by the Lúria family, the first lords of Bellús then their successors, the Bellvis family of Bèlgida added new constructions to the medieval tower, until [...]

The Cristo de la Buena Muerte Hermitage

 Was built  in 1935 on the old building of the late eighteenth century. The façade stands out for its neogothic style, with aligned half-point door and window, crowned by a bell tower. The interior welcomes the image of the Copatron of the town The  Christ of the Good Death. In [...]

Santa Ana Parish Church

Presides the square of the town’s church. Was built and extended in the eighteenth century, and finally reformed in the current style in 1940. On the side of the gospel,  rises the bell tower with three bodies and auction. If you accede to the interior you will discover a unique [...]

THE CALVARY

This set is completed with the Upper Calvary, with masonry wall and corners of ashlar with stone staircase. And  the Lower Calvary of Dolores with cross of term.

THE BELL TOWER

 At the foot of the church rises the bell tower, composed of three bodies and auction.  Is a Baroque work of 1694 with elements that survived from the Gothic style, presented in the pointed arches forming the body of the bells, and Renaissance ornamental details are shown in the balls [...]

THE CHURCH OF SAINTS JUANES

Is of Baroque style in general, but combines different artistic styles too. The temple presents a unique nave, of wide rectangular plant, with lateral chapels between buttresses. It presents a cover of simple ribbed vault in the first three stretches,  triplets in the  cruiser and starred in the presbytery. The [...]

THE OIL PRESS

This mill has been operating continuously for more than 125 years, going through four generations within the same family. It obtains the oil of completely natural way and by cold pressing

Urban nucleus Quatretonda

Some important buildings dated of the XVIII century, as the Calatayud House, Felip Faus House and the Romuald House as well. It is necessary to walk around the streets of the Crist de la Fe,Benigànim, Sant Doménec y Sant Josep, among others

THE SAN MARTIN HERMITAGE

In the plain, a few kilometers away, is the simple and austere hermitage of San Martín, of unknown origins and the old town of Rosament.  

San Jose Hermitage

Baroque style building of XVII century .A hermitage of simple rectangular plant, presents a nave of three sections with vault of cannon and lateral chapels between pilasters. The main façade, at the foot of the nave, has the shape of an altarpiece, topped by a steeple and decorative details - [...]

Palace of the Marquis of Vellisca

Only the remains of the works carried out for the collection of water remain. The cistern, located at the foot of the Pedrera of Rixec, and the Sénia, with the aqueduct located in the east part of the enclosure, and gardens that housed the palace.

Lime furnaces

An old alternative activity in the field trades. The number of them can range from 50 to 100 approximately. The last four that were used in the middle of the XX century were: the "Mulero" oven, in the recreational area of the "Piles", the "Tio Sinto" ovens, in the Cervera [...]

Campanario de la Vila

Built on an earlier one of lower height between 1860 and 1866. Two bodies are observed: the base with bridges, trajinadas from the "Font de la Figuera", and the upper part built in brick and masonry, between 1914 and 1916.

The Virgen del Rosario ParishChurch

it is located on the old hermitage of SantMiquel and SantAntoniAbat. This hermitage began to be constructed in the XVI century and was filial of the church of Santa Maria of Ontinyent until 31 of December of 1953 when was converted in parish, by MarcelinoOlaechea and Loizaga, archbishop of Valencia. [...]

Collection Arqueological Museum dedicated to Don Mariano Jornet Perales

located in the  Torre del Palau. You can see pieces found in the área, from the Eneolytic , Moorish and Iberian- Roman period. Address: c. Presó nº1 Phone Number: 96 290 10 74 Visits will be arranged by telephone between 8 a.m and 15 p.m

The Old Palace’s Tower

It is located on De la Presó street. The exact date of construction is unknown, although, it is believed that dates from the late 14th century. At the present a rectangular plant tower is conserved.

San Antonio Abad Hermitage

 The hermitage was built in 1721 and it is located 300 meters away from the town. On January 17 it is celebrated the San Antonio Abad festivity in the same hermitage.

San Lorenzo Martyr Church

The early church already existed in the fourteenth century. In the interior stands the chapel of the "Ecce Homo" from the  eighteenth century, with decoration of Espinosa and Orrente.

The Parish Church of the Virgen de Gracia

In neoclassical style of beginning of XIX century. In the interior it emphasizes the altarpiece of 12 tables attributed to Ribera, a Christ of the XVI century and an oil of the school of Joan of Joanes. In the exterior highlights a ceiling of devotion of the Virgin of Gracia.

The Rugat Palace

Of simple structure, with covering of Arab tile and walls of Masonry, is inhabited and in very good state of conservation.

Urban area Rugat

Clearly linked to agricultural and livestock activities.

Old Fountain

Place where formerly the women of the town did laundry and collected water for domestic use. At the moment it is restored and enabled with tables and burners to make barbecues or paellas with firewood.

Church of Sant Joan Baptista

from XVII century, of a single nave with two chapels between the buttresses. It emphasizes the classic decoration of the pilasters and the bell tower of two bodies and  square plant.

Old Town Benicolet

Own of a humble and labrador town, we can find the church of San Juan Bautista, the street d'en Mig, used for competitions of Valencian ball in the modality of raspall or the monument in memory of the Poassa, an old community drinker for the won.

Colata

It is one of the towns that remained after the expulsion of the Moorish, decreed by Felipe III (II of Valencia) in 1609, and that belonged to the Lord of Benissuera (Bellvís). There is located the hermitage of Colata that houses the virgin of Loreto, dating from the nineteenth century. [...]

The Laundry of the 4 jets Fountain

 It presents three rafts formed by flat slabs of chopped stone. The remaining water from the source is the one that continues until the laundry and waters the gardens of Colata.

The short and the large bridge

 Dating of 1890, are some of the oldest iron bridges in the Valencian Community. Below the "Pont Curt" pass the waters of the Albaida river, while below the "Pont Llarg" pass those of Ontinyent or Clariano. Both rivers are later joined togehter at the height of the "four jets" sink.

The Calvary

Is built in 1941 and accesses via crucis. It forms part of an urban area elevation next to the industrial area  of Cava of Montaverner. From here you can see interesting views from the center of the valley: the Serra Grossa and the Benicadell, the localities of Montaverner, Alfarrasí, the [...]

The Convent

Historic building of great importance. It was built by the Mompó-Soriano family in the postwar period (40-50 years) in order to train the children of Montaverner and the neighboring municipalities, a task carried out by the Capuchin Tertiary Sisters of the Holy Family and the Secular Institute "Amoris Opus". The [...]

Parish Church of San Juan and San Jaime Apostle

Built during the eighteenth century by Dr. Josep Esplugues. Before building it there was a Almohad tower and a reconquest Gothic parish called Santiago Apostle. Architecturally it shows a nave with chapels between buttresses. Inside the church, and supporting the pile of holy water, a fragment of Roman inscription of [...]

Chapels of Our Lady of the Forsaken

Date of the year 1691, it is characterized by being a building of a single plant and reduced dimensions.

Parish Church of San Miguel

Of Renaissance style. Its construction (1602-1637) is conditioned by the emancipation of Xàtiva and the appointment of Villa Real. It was the symbol of the thought, the spirit and the progress of the Benigànim town of that time reflecting the idealism of the beniganense people. It is necessary to name [...]

The Cristo Church

The oldest church of the región, built on the foundations of the Mosque of the Arab Benigànim, we find a great diversity of artistic styles: Romanesque Tower, coming from the original church, which was demolished and replaced by the gothic vault of 1391 and a cruise of Baroque style, built [...]

The church of Purisima y la Beata Ines

The convent church of the Agustinas, was originally built in 1611 with the inauguration of the monastery. The present temple was built thanks to the fact that the process of Beatification was on the right track and was an important point of pilgrimage, so it was necessary to make a [...]

San Antonio Hermitage

Dedicated to this saint, it is located in the area of the Convent of the Franciscans and at the end of the avenue of the cypresses.

Calvary Benigánim

Located in the north of the town with buildings from the sixteenth to seventeenth centuries that form the Via Crucis and the chapel of Veronica.

Monastery and church of San Francisco

Founded in 1575, it served as a convent for almost 300 years, until it was closed between 1833 and 1890. It emphasizes the access door and interior decoration, as well as the cloister of the convent.

Convent of the Barefoot Augustinians

This building is a posthumous foundation of San Juan de Ribera that was blessed in June 1611 when the Discalced Augustinians established the cloister. It emphasizes its cloister and a vast orchard as well as numerous corners that are testimony of the life of Blessed Inés that inhabited this monastery.

Public laundry

The construction is from the end of the XIX century and made in stone of masonry, is a characteristic element of Valencian popular culture being a meeting point and meeting of citizens of the past decades.

Alcavór de Remigio

Mine of water of the early twentieth century, built with slabs of flat ashlar masonry, imitating Roman technique. It captures groundwater for irrigation of the nearby orchard.

The Planet Aqueduct

 It is one of the best conserved aqueducts of the municipality, dating from the XV-XVIII centuries and is made with Valencian tapial and clay bricks.

The Micairent Mill

 Construction of the XVIII century. This mill used the waters of the Font de Micairent to move the grinding wheel. It emphasizes the water clock used to regulate the use of its waters

PONT OF THE ASTRE

 Formed by two rafts for irrigation, made of masonry and mortar. It receives the waters of Font de Ferri and channels them to the orchard thanks to ditches and aqueducts.

The Pasa and The Riuraus

Agricultural buildings that were used for the production of raisins. The harvested grapes were scalded with boiling water in the ovens of “riuraus” at the end of the summer and then  the drying began at the sun in the courtyard. The grapes were kept inside the building during the night [...]

Montixelvo castle

It was a defensive construction of quadrangular plan with towers in its edges. Is preserved only one of its defensive towers of two floors of height with ogival cruise and part of the canvas of the medieval walls.

Urban area Montixelvo

<img class="size-full wp-image-4266 alignleft" src="http://valldalbaida.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/iglesia-san-miguel.jpg" alt="casco-urbano-montixelvo" width="220" height="165" /> It still retains the medieval ancient layout. Carrer de Dalt stands out as the power center of the old town. There is the church of Santa Ana and the remains of the old castle. Are also interesting the ceramic altarpieces, the [...]

Church of San Carlos (s.XVIII-XIX)

The oratory of the Company de Jesús (created in 1703) is the origin of the present church. Back in that time, it would have served as a temple associated with the college of Jesuits, which ran from 1703 until its expulsion in 1767. It consists of four very distinct parts: [...]

Church of San Miguell (s.XVI-XVIII)

The Palau de la Vila is the oldest building and the one that collects all the historical stages of Ontinyent.

Convent of the Carmelite nuns (s.XVI-XVIII)

It is the oldest convent of the population and is located next to the bridge of Santa Maria (1942-1953), next to the old road of Biar or Castile. This monumental complex, in a good state of preservation, stands out from the urban nucleus. The church, very affected by destructions after [...]

Old Bridge (1501)

This emblematic bridge was built between 1500 and 1501 by masons and stonemasons Pere Ribera and Joan Montanyés. It consists of two slightly pointed arches, supported on three buttresses, the central one of which is a formidable foot of ashlars in the form of keel. Its outer surface is of [...]

La Vila

Entrance is via the Sant Roc Gate or the Pujada del Fossaret slightly higher up, the Vila is the jewel in the crown of the city and conserves tucked-away, charm-filled corners. From the Sant Roc gate you can access the Palau de la Vila, also known as the Palau de [...]

Chapel of the Purísima (s.XVII)

Adosada lateral to the church, the image of the patron saint of the city, wrought in silver, is venerated.

Santa Maria Church and The Chapel Of The Purisima and The Vila Bell Tower

The church of Santa María was built between the fourteenth and sixteenth centuries, probably over the old Islamic mosque. The roof is a Gothic vault of cruise, supported on helical pilasters, and the main door (1530) is of Renaissance style. Inside highlights: The Table of the Annunciation of XV century; [...]

Town Hall

Occupies the old site of the House of the Lordship, presents elements characteristic of the traditional architecture like bars of iron forge. We highlight in the town center of the municipality a series of ceramic panels of devotion from the XVII, XVIII, XIX, XX, centuries.

Sundial

 Work of Joan Olivares, situated in the Algarrobos Park

The fridges

very important in the XVII-XIX centuries ,are monumental constructions of stone, wells excavated in the mountain, reinforced and covered in some cases, that served the speculative interests of the ice merchants. The nevaters were day laborers or muleteers from Salem who collected and compacted winter snow and, when summer came, [...]

Bridge of the Mill

Of picturesque invoice: an arc of half point through which the ravine of the source of the Cantal crosses. It is one of the oldest bridges (probably of the eighteenth century, like the mill) of greatest scenic charm in the entire Albaida Valley. To the other side of the village, [...]

Cantal Fountain Mill

is a large mansion, which was owned by the Marquises of Bèlgida and the Bellvís family, the last lords of the barony of the Hoya de Salem. A raft allowed to fill the vertical well, from where the water was forced under pressure to pour on one or the two [...]

The Elca Raft and The Hydraulic Heritage of Salem

The hydraulic heritage of Salem is very well represented by ditches, water mines, rafts, arcades and mills. The most interesting element is undoubtedly the Elca raft, the work done is the typical Hispano-Muslim water mine, excavated in the rock to capture the birth (40 m tunnel), with three vents or [...]

Castle of the Barcella

Of century XII, that occupies the top or molar of the elevation of the Barcella’s land. The Arabs will call it Almaraien, that is to say, hisn al-Marïyäyn, "the castle of the Two Bonfires", "of the Two Signs of Fire" according to the archaeologists of the Center of Contestans Studies. [...]

El Calvario

Located at a high point in front of the village, the recently restored Levante band, as a romantic spoil is one of the most beautiful spots in the Vall d'Albaida.

Parish Cemetery Chapel

The work of 1901 is a modernist work of brick, of great beauty, dominated by the reddish colors of the brick, the contrast of light of the multiple decorative elements (pilasters, ox eyes, rhombuses, pinnacles, etc.). On the whole, it is difficult for such poor materials to achieve such a [...]

Parish Church of San Miguel Arcangel

The presbytery occupies the site of the old Islamic mosque, converted into a church in 1521, vicarage headquarters in 1534 and parochial headquarters in 1600. After the expulsion of the Moors (1609), the reshapers dedicated it  to Santa Maria del Rosal (1611 ), And from 1694 to St. Michael the [...]

The La Vila Palace

The palace is located in the most exposed part of the walls as a fortress or citadel, looking west and summarizes all the historical stages of Ontinyent. Originally it had a military character like Islamic alcázar. With the Christian occupation was transformed, and its ownership was shared between the royal [...]

Almazara

Antigua Almazara (half of the S. XX) located in the Road when the beginning of the cooperative in Llutxent began

LIME OVENS

Until the end of the 1970s, the trade of lime was one of the main economic activities and source of income in Llutxent, with a considerable number of lime ovens distributed throughout its entire length.

Municipal natural place of the Surar

The Flotar is located between the municipalities of Llutxent and Pinet. The 4 of March of 2005 was declared, by the agreement of the Council of the Generalitat, the Municipal Natural Place of the Float. In addition to the cork oaks, this place has the rich vegetation and comprises two [...]

THE CASTLE OF XIO

From the Almohad times of XII century. Place of vigilance and protection. It has triangular plant with double walled enclosure, three turrets and a albarrana tower. It preserves in  the interior the rest of a cistern

THE CORPUS CHRISTI CONVENT

Set of buildings of different times and styles. It was built in 1422 by the order of the Dominicans. In 1475 was founded the first University of Arts and Theology of Valencia. In its interior it emphasizes the cloister of neoclassic style, the bell tower and the refectory

THE HERMITAGE OF THE VIRGEN DE LA CONSOLACION

Baroque style building from 1772. In its interior we find a unique set of Valencian ceramics from the 16th century where is told the miracle of Corporal . Also highlights the dome, the stained glass and the  rococo altar.

Calvario S. XVI

Old road to get from the village to the convent. Of great slope, was cobbled towards the beginning of XVI century. Today it is flanked by the stations of Calvary.

NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LA ASUNCION CHURCH

Built at the end of the nineteenth century in neoclassical style. It conserves important treasures like the icon of the Santa Faz, a processional cross and a chest of the s. XV, among others.  

CASTLE-PALACE OF PROXITA

It is located at the highest part of the village. It was built by the * Prexita between the XIII-XIV centuries in gothic Valencian style. It has square plan with four towers arranged around a patio. In its interior emphasize the paintings of the noble plant.    

Font Jordana’s park

Passing by  Agullent and not visiting this place is like not having been in the town . You can find there ,children's play area, walking area and a bar restaurant. There is also  the fountain of five pipes, which gives its name to the park and who contains the water [...]

Laundry and ditch from above

An immense almez-tree gives shade to those who, from this point walk to the small circular route of the ravine of the Font Jordana or those who are  walking towards the neighboring towns. The original base and structure of the public laundry probably dates from  the seventeenth century, although the [...]

Main Square and The Town Hall

This square has two functions such as ; administrative center and stage for cultural event and festivities  like The Moors and Christians festivities and the Dances of September, with  more than four hundred years of history.   The town hall preserves the façade of 1925, a building that was built [...]

Flour Mill (XV century)

After crossing the whole historic center, the water of the Font Jordana gave its energy to the wheels of the flour mill. Original of  the 15th century, it was active until the 80's of the 20th century. Today it has been converted into rural accommodation, and has a museum  in [...]

Sant Jacinto’s Convent (XVI-XVIII century)

The closed nuns, who until recently times lived in this convent, have kept until today the architectural secrets of this clerical building that in times of the Civil War became asylum for the  republican refugees. It is a Dominican convent from the 16th century with an extensive cloister. In the [...]

Sant Vicent Ferrer’s Hermitage

 Every first Friday of  September , this  hermitage is the stage of the probably  oldest night pilgrimage at regional  level, which for more than four hundred years recalls the Miracle of Sant Vicent Ferrer who freed the town from the plague. It was built in the 18th century on the [...]

Saint Bartolome’s Church (XV-XVIII century)

 The church of Sant Bertomeu is flirty , because it has a facade that seduces without great ornamentation. In the interior, however, the sobriety is relegated by a major altar with a churigueresco style decoration . In this greater altar made of golden  and columns has an important  place the [...]